- Each member shall sign the gate register in token of his acceptance to adhere to the rules of the library.
- Each student shall be required to produce the Identity Card on demand.
- The member should not under the influence of intoxicants.
- The member shall be properly dressed.
- The member shall not carry any belongings except money purse, note book and reference cards and the same shall be deposited at the deposit counter against a token. The belongings should be collected while leaving the library. On no account the library staff could be held responsible for the loss/ damage to the property of the member while in temporary custody.
- Library Attendant at the check counter is empowered to examine everything that passes into / out of the library.
- The member should keep silence within the library.
- The member should not smoke nor spit in the library.
- The member should not misbehave nor damage the documents or other properties of the library.
- Books shall be loaned subject to the following conditions.
- Borrower should get satisfied that the library document lent is in sound condition and the pages are neither missing nor torn. In case a library document is found to be damaged and the same has not been reported to the Library Attendant, the borrower shall be held responsible for such damage (s) and the borrowers shall be required to replace it or pay the value there of as determined by the Librarian.
- Library document should not be spoiled by underlining or writing with pen, pencil, ink or by any other means.
- Library document loaned for the normal period may be renewed for one more loan period on production of the same provided they are not already claimed by other readers.
- Library document is non-transferable, nor shall any member borrow library documents (s) on other member’s account.
- Member can borrow library documents only once in a day.
- Library documents which in the opinion of the Librarian are not in good condition shall not be issued for home reading.
- Library documents to be taken on loan should be presented at the check/ deposit counter with the gate pass issued at the Issue Counter for checking.
- Loan period for various library documents for different categories is as follows –
– Academic Staff engaged in teaching – 01 Year
– Academic Staff not engaged in teaching – 15 days
– Student and other reader- 1 Week
- Theses , dissertations, books of plates , rare books , books out of print , reprints ,microfilms , reference books of general nature such as encyclopedia , almanacs , directories , hand books , reports , pamphlets , technical bulletins shall not be issued for home reading and can be consulted in the library only.
- The following charges shall be recovered from the borrower for each library document retained more than the period of loan –
- Books: 50 paisa per day during over due.
- Library document issued for overnight: Fifty paisa per hour of delay. In the above case if the fine exceeds the value of the document, the rules framed for loss of books shall be applied.
- The member shall report immediately to the Librarian about loss of any library document (s) borrowed from the library. The following charges shall be recovered for the loss of library document (s).
- General book: Replacement or the current price plus Rs. 10/- as fine.
- Text book, multi volume book and reference book: Replacement or current price plus 10/- as fine. The cost of the complete set shall have to be paid along with the loss of single volume if it is not available separately.
- Bound volume of periodicals: Replacement or five times the cost of the volume plus Rs.10/- as fine.
– Damage or mutilation: Replacement or repairs or the cost of the document plus fine up to Rs.50/
– Unauthorized removal of the library documents : Removing library documents without getting them properly issued is serious misdemeanor and Librarian shall have powers to impose fine up to Rs.50/- and / or to suspend library membership for a period up to six months.
Cases warranting higher punishment than those prescribed above shall be referred to by the Librarian along with the recommendations to the Library Advisory Committee.